The Women in Construction Summit
Event Times: November 7th – 8th, 10:00am – 4:30pm
Venue: ASB Showgrounds, 217 Green Ln W, Epsom, Auckland 1051, New Zealand
Construction, Infrastructure, Building and trades such as carpentry have traditionally been viewed as male-dominated roles, and even today they are some of the most gender-segregated professions in the world. Over the last few years, there’s been a significant increase in the number of women choosing careers in male-dominated fields.
The Women in Construction Summit is a free-to-attend event which offers a lively panel discussion consisting of leading female experts within the industry. Complete with refreshments, the event promises an interactive platform for women and men to examine the issues of gender imbalance and inequality within the built environment. Seats fill up on a first come first serve basis, so be sure to reserve your ticket and arrive early on the day.
- What are the most common challenges women face within the industry and how can we tackle them?
- How do we see the role of women in construction developing/evolving?
- Insight into the future of the industry and what it means for women specifically.
- What initiatives and programs need to be put in place to increase female participation across the industry?
- What are the dangers of some of the initiatives that are currently in place?
- What are the biggest challenges for women in construction?
- What companies or industries are doing good things when increasing diversity and what can we learn from them?