Cement & Concrete Association of New Zealand
Ralf is an architect, registered with the NZRAB, AK Berlin and ARB UK.
He has worked for over 16 years as a project architect for a number of German and Irish based practices, during which time he was involved with a series of apartment developments, commercial and public properties with a focus on energy efficiency.
Ralf’s extensive list of achievements has involved a range of aesthetic and practical concrete applications, including precast panels, in-situ floor slabs and concrete masonry.
Ralf has joined CCANZ as a Project Manager – Architecture in March 2009.
In New Zealand, Ralf has authored the CCANZ ‘Code of Practise for Weathertight Concrete and Concrete Masonry Construction’ also cited by the MBIE as NZBC Clause E2/AS3, the ‘CCANZ Apartment Design Guide’ and the ’CCANZ Basement Design Guide’.
Another notable project Ralf led was the design of an apartment/ mix use development for the ‘New Urban Village’ competition on an inner city Christchurch site. The design emphasised self-sufficiency, placing a premium on sustainable energy sources.
Range of projects:
– Several multi storey apartment/ office and retail buildings, Berlin Germany
– Institute of Semi-Conductor Physics Frankfurt/O., Germany
– Apartment Block Developments, Dublin, Ireland
– Cork Airport Business Park, Cork, Ireland
– Development of Code of Practice for Weathertight Concrete Construction New Zealand CCANZ CP 01: 2011 and CP 01 2014 (cited by MBIE as NZBC E2/AS3)
– Sustainable apartment competition design (‘Breathe’), Christchurch, New Zealand
– CCANZ Apartment Design Guide
– CCANZ Basement Design Guide