Since 1996 Grahame has been predominantly in building asset management, specialising in condition assessment of concrete structures in the built environment. He completed a Master of Engineering Studies at Sydney University in 2001 focused on concrete deterioration causes assessment and remediation.
He maintains involvement in industry associations including Australasian Corrosion Association (ACA) branch committee since 2006 and the Australasian Concrete Repair Association (ACRA) Board since 2017, and is the Managing Director of BAAM Consulting, a remedial consultancy serving clients predominantly from Sydney to Hunter regions.
Grahame’s durability experience includes:
- ACRA tasks: presenter of 1-day concrete repair seminar & reviewer of course materials since 2012; technical presenter to Strata Community Australia.
- Concrete Institute of Australia Durability Task Group 1 member in 2013-14.
- Speaker for CIA’s Forensic and Durability national roadshow in 2013.
- Concrete condition assessment and remedial specifications for structures including water and sewerage treatment infrastructure, grandstands, car parks, pavements, and residential strata and commercial buildings.
- Coordinating investigations involving specialised contractors and consultants including application of Non-Destructive Test methods.
- Developing risk-managed solutions to remedial works including packaging the works to accommodate funding and occupational needs.