- To advance education through:
- Educating the building industry and members of the public about improved energy efficiency in New Zealand buildings;
- Promoting the Passive House Standard as defined by the Passivhaus Institut, Darmstadt-Germany, and mandated by the European Parliament resolution of 31 January 2008 (2007/2106(INI)) in New Zealand;
- Researching the performance of built Certified Passive Houses in New Zealand and making such research publicly available;
Researching the New Zealand housing industry in general and the New Zealand climate and making such research publicly available in order to promote energy efficient building options;
- Providing a platform for the building sector to gain knowledge of highly energy efficient buildings;
- Educating building professionals and lay persons about Certified Passive Houses.
- To benefit the community by:
- Improving public health and well-being and relieving fuel poverty of the people of New Zealand through the promotion of healthy and highly energy efficient homes and public buildings;
- Working with the public sector of New Zealand to improve the energy efficiency of New Zealand homes and public buildings.