IRHACE stands for Institute of Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning Engineers of New Zealand
IRHACE is the professional body that looks after the interests of HVAC&R engineers. The benefits of joining IRHACE include access to advice and resources, free and discounted events, a regular Journal for the industry, and monthly updates on events and training.
Its aims are to:
- Promote the economic well-being and quality of life of our members, and of the refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning industries (our industry), and to improve the economic well-being and quality of life of every New Zealander
- Represent and promote the business interests of our members who work in our industry
- Advance and promote (including the use of standards) the technology used by and activities of those in our industry for the benefit of every New Zealander
- Promote a high level of skill and design that our Members, Associates and Affiliates can follow (by developing Practice Guides, qualifications and other relevant industry sector New Zealand Standards as the Board thinks is appropriate for and relevant to our industry)
- Provide a forum for our Members, Associates and Affiliates to discuss and share their knowledge and experience
Being a member of IRHACE looks good on your CV because it shows you take a professional interest in the latest trends and issues in your industry. Apprentices get membership at a significantly reduced rate, however if you don’t join you can still access a free newsletter and attend local trade night exhibitions.